Thursday, 07 July 2016 08:55

Housing Programme for Kidney Patients

Rate this item
(4 votes)

Introduction

This programme is carried out with the purpose of constructing a permanent housing for the persons affected by Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) with the provisions of the Treasury. A maximum amount of Rs. 500,000.00 for a new house and a maximum amount of Rs. 200,000.00 for an upgrading house is released for the beneficiaries selected. A vast number of families residing at houses with minimum facilities island wide yearn for housing assistance. Even the condition is so; one of the greatest challenges posed at present is to allocate provisions for implementation of housing aid programmes. Therefore, our sole intention is to distribute the provisions to the most deserving beneficiaries by identifying through the criteria provided.

Target Beneficiaries

1. Selection criteria of Housing Programme for Families with Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD).

• Families who do not possess a permanent basic house and do have the actual need for a permanent basic house.
  • A member or members of the family should have been affected with Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
  • The family member/members should be registered as a/Chronic Kidney Disease patient/s at a government hospital.
  • A member/ Members of the family should be undergoing continuous medical treatments of a specialist of Chronic Kidney Disease.
  •  The ownership of the proposed house should be either directly or indirectly on the relevant beneficiary. It is essential to prove the ownership with written documents.

2. In selection of beneficiaries,

• Married, husband and wife
  • Married, husband, wife and children
  • Married, father and children
  • Married, mother and children
  • Parents/ father or mother who are/is not legally married but living with children
  • Children living with aged parents and not able to engage in a means of earning

are considered as a family.

Financial Awarding and Issuance of Installments

The selected beneficiaries are awarded financial aids under two categories.

1. New Houses

A maximum of Rs. 500,000.00 is granted for construction of a new house.

Issuance of Installments

1. Initial amount for construction                                   -        20%

2. After completion of walls upto lintel level                 -        20%

3. After completion upto roof level                                -        30%

4. After completion of roof                                             -        30%

(Completion of the entire house)

2. Upgrading Houses

A maximum of Rs. 200,000.00 is granted for upgrading of houses.

Issuance of Installments

2. After completion of walls upto lintel level                 -        20%

3. After completion upto roof level                                -        30%

(Completion of the entire house)

(The District Manager is vested with the authority to issuance/amendment of installments as per the above percentages with the approval of the Deputy General Manager.)

For further clarifications please contact the relevant district office of National Housing Development Authority for which the house to be constructed belongs to or the Housing Development Division of the Head Office.

DisConEn

Read 8964 times Last modified on Friday, 21 April 2017 06:01

21 comments

• Comment Link Dunstan Arulnayagam Tuesday, 26 September 2017 09:06 posted by Dunstan Arulnayagam

Dear Hon.Minister,
    me and my wife
    both are working in private companies in Colombo . Also we have a little daughter. We are currently living in a rented house. Actually we are not in the position to build an our own house since we can't afford. So that we are kindly request a house or a flat from one of your housing project around Colombo city. Much appreciated that you can grant us this opportunity. we are looking forward a kind response from you.

Thankfully,
    Dunstan Arulnayagam
    0778097971

• Comment Link Ahamed Mafaz Monday, 11 September 2017 04:57 posted by Ahamed Mafaz

Dear Sir /Madam,

I am Ahamed from Wellampitiya area, living a rent house for the last fourteen (14) years, I am working as a Accounts Clerk at Colombo 13. I have three children, two of them are schooling in Colombo, and we are suffered a lot with last time flooded situation.

I heard about "Semata Sevana" Programme is Re-implemented, at least please give me a favour on this.

I shall be very much obliged you to give us a house Within Colombo, and we will pay the monthly installment scheme.

please consider my request and expect a reply at a earliest convenience.

Ahamed Mafaz
    (ahamafaz@gmail.com)

• Comment Link S.g.sujani nisansala Wednesday, 17 May 2017 08:27 posted by S.g.sujani nisansala

I want a house...plz help me

S.g.sujani nisansala
    (namalanuruddhika@gmail.com)

• Comment Link Mrs Romaine Pereira (0722 894391) Sunday, 26 March 2017 10:15 posted by Mrs Romaine Pereira (0722 894391)

Dear Sir, I am a widow and I wish if you could help me to get a house in the scheme that you wish to start and finish at Homagama. in the year 2020. I would be greatful to you if you could kindly help me in getting a house in your homagama scheme.
    Mrs Romaine Pereira (0722 894391)
    (romainediane12345@gmail.com)

• Comment Link L.S.De.Silva Thursday, 09 March 2017 04:22 posted by L.S.De.Silva

Dear Sir,
    I am writing to ask whether it would be possible for you to arrange a completed House by monthly installment basis for us,
    I am married and we are currently living in a rented house in Welisara , I have a baby boy and my mother and father also depending on me, and also my husband is not much support for us. my father is from balangoda and my mother is from ratnapura, after they got marriage they came to colombo,
    we have been living about nearly 40 years in a rented house and we have spent a huge amount without any return, sir very hard to survive with baby and he is growing and our responsibilities are increasing day by day, also difficult to living with this income and we have to be faced so many problems,
    iam working at a private company and that salary is not much enough to live with paying house rent.

we are kindly requesting from you to provide us with a completed house,I am able to arrange a small down payment as i can by the Loan, to pay as Key Money. The balance would be paid in monthly equal installments.looking for good environment with and calm residential and peaceful area,
    It would be very much appreciate if you could give me an appointment to meet you to discuss this matter further.
    Your Co operations in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Mobile - 0717899947

• Comment Link C. D. De Vos Saturday, 18 February 2017 17:03 posted by C. D. De Vos

Honourable Minister,
    I am a father of three children and two of my children are schooling. My daughter studies in colombo and son in kadawatha and the third is still a baby of one year. I was running a school van and due to unfortunate reasons had to give up this service. I have now sought employment in a church. My wife is not able to be employed as she takes care of the children.
    I was living on rent and recently the owner wanted the house back and i was compelled to shift to my sister's home where she too has her own family. My family has raised Rs. 300,000/- and wants to help me to seek a house, but due to the bitter instances faced by me in rented houses, I am looking to have a house of my own.
    Please Hon. Minister I seek your assistance to my request.

God bless you
    C. D. De Vos
    (devos_claude@yahoo.com)

• Comment Link Niyomi Earnest Wednesday, 01 February 2017 09:57 posted by Niyomi Earnest

I am in Colombo since born (1983), presently in a rent house in Colombo, please let us know how can i apply for this (niyomiketurah@gmail.com)

• Comment Link J. M. Nilmini Jayarathna Monday, 16 January 2017 19:32 posted by J. M. Nilmini Jayarathna

Dear Sir,

Me and my husband , both are working in private companies in Colombo . Also we have a little daughter. We are currently living in a rented house. Actually we are not in the position to build an our own house since we can't afford. So that we are kindly request a house or a flat from one of your housing project around Colombo city. Please pay your kind attention on this , we are looking forward a kind response from you.

J. M. Nilmini Jayarathna
    (Cduleeka@yahoo.com)

• Comment Link T.M.NIRUSHANTH Sunday, 08 January 2017 15:35 posted by T.M.NIRUSHANTH

Dear sir, I am working at private company in sri lanka I need a house in Vavuniya in easy payment please convey this massage in relevant parties
    T.M.NIRUSHANTH
    (nirus38@yahoo.co.in)

• Comment Link P.D.D. CHANCHALA JAYALATAH Thursday, 05 January 2017 11:41 posted by P.D.D. CHANCHALA JAYALATAH

Dear sir, I am working at private company in sri lanka I need a house in Homagama in easy payment please convey this massage in relevant parties

P.D.D. CHANCHALA JAYALATAH