Friday, 15 July 2016 09:07

ACCELERATED MIDDLE INCOME HOUSING PROGRAMME

Rate this item
(28 votes)

An enhanced program for the development of Middle Income Housing & Infra facilities within suburb cities of each and every district in Sri Lanka

Work carried out by NHDA to date with the corporation of UDA and other Government Institutes

• Identification of suitable lands in all districts.
  • Demand Survey
  • Co-ordination with NWS&DB, NPPD and NBRO
  • Identification of prioritized lands after site inspection by nominated groups of NHDA.
  • Preparation of Design Concepts for NHDA owned lands (UDA also prepared Design Concepts for their lands)
  • Development of Cost Effective Type Plans (NERD, SEC, Buildings Department also developed Cost Effective Type Plans)
  • Prepared Implementation process according to Procurement Guidelines.
  • Format prepared to call “Expressions of Interest”    from Local/Foreign Developers.
  • Format developed for “REQUEST FOR RELEASE OF STATE OWNED LANDS”.
  • Hand over list of developers invited for the meeting which was scheduled on 18.09.2015.
  • Few Developers were participated to Study Group on Middle Income Housing.
  • 25 request for the release of identified state lands, signed by the Chairman, NHDA has been handed over to Mr. W.D. Ailapperuma - Senior Advisor to the Ministry of Housing and Construction and to Mr. R. Paskaralingam- Senior Advisor the Ministry of Planning & Economic Affairs on 23.09.2015.
  • All bankers were invited for the study group meeting in order to discuss about long term housing loans and an introductory note was delivered by Mr. R Paskaralingam and presentation on financial aspects has been done by the Chairman – UDA.  He also requested the bankers to increase the GDP for housing.
  • NHDA prepared documents for provincial list of lands owned by NHDA, such as  sample of pre – qualification document  & Expressions of Interest, etc.
  • Director General – UDA presented the possible incentives which can be considered, especially for this program.
  • Bankers agreed to give their positive involvement for said task and Mr. Paskaralingam informed bankers to submit any relaxations process required, when obtaining the approvals from the Central Bank.
  • Following members were nominated for the documentary procedure by the chairman of the committee;

Director General                                   – Urban Development Authority             -  (Chairman)

Director (Urban Settlements)             – Ministry of Housing & Construction     - (Member)

Deputy General Manager (ES & C)     – NHDA                                                        -  (Member & Convener)

Deputy General Manager (Finance)   – OVDC                                                        - (Member)

Read 46770 times Last modified on Thursday, 08 December 2016 10:44

94 comments

• Comment Link U.Prabha Monday, 12 March 2018 03:48 posted by U.Prabha

I would like to buy a house or apartment in Colombo under middle income scheme. Please let me know the ongoing project details & payment details.

U.Prabha
    (uma_heaven@yahoo.com)

• Comment Link Shashikala Saturday, 10 March 2018 08:57 posted by Shashikala

I would like to apply for the house, please send details how to proceed the application

Shashikala
    (ayo4yan@gmail.com)

• Comment Link Janaka wanigasekara Sunday, 18 February 2018 14:25 posted by Janaka wanigasekara

I would like to know the prices and how the eligibility criteria is

Janaka wanigasekara
    (Jey.wanigasekara@gmail.com)

• Comment Link ranga Sunday, 18 February 2018 07:56 posted by ranga

I like to apply Middle Income Housing Program,how can i apply for a house in colombo/ gampaga?

ranga
    (rangatudugala@gmail.com)

• Comment Link K.Amarapala Saturday, 17 February 2018 16:25 posted by K.Amarapala

I would like to buy or lease small house in Colombo for my kids under middle income scheme. Please send me more details.

K.Amarapala
    (amarpharpghr@gmail.com)

• Comment Link Salani Manuka Alahakoon Friday, 16 February 2018 07:34 posted by Salani Manuka Alahakoon

Is there any projects in Wattala area or close by ( kelaniya / wattala) if so how can I get details . how can I apply for a house? Please send details to me. thank you.

Salani Manuka Alahakoon
    (alahakoonmanuka@gmail.com)

• Comment Link Janani Thursday, 15 February 2018 09:48 posted by Janani

I wish to apply for the purchase of a house under the middle income housing schemes

Janani
    (Jananichamathya@gmail.com)

• Comment Link D.H.Lankeshwara Wednesday, 14 February 2018 07:16 posted by D.H.Lankeshwara

I want to buy a house or apartment in Colombo City or District from your projects.Please send me details of ongoing projects.
    D.H.Lankeshwara
    (hlankeshwara@gmail.com)

• Comment Link Anjana Gunawardana Wednesday, 14 February 2018 05:27 posted by Anjana Gunawardana

I need to by a 3 Bed room house less than 6M. Please send me the details for my email address.

Thanks
    Anjana Gunawardana
    (dilantha.anjana@gmail.com)

• Comment Link Chathuranga Siriwardhana Tuesday, 13 February 2018 08:16 posted by Chathuranga Siriwardhana

I want to buy a house or apartment in Colombo or Gampaha district. Please send me details of ongoing projects and payments and other details,

Chathuranga Siriwardhana