An enhanced program for the development of Middle Income Housing & Infra facilities within suburb cities of each and every district in Sri Lanka
Work carried out by NHDA to date with the corporation of UDA and other Government Institutes
- Identification of suitable lands in all districts.
- Demand Survey
- Co-ordination with NWS&DB, NPPD and NBRO
- Identification of prioritized lands after site inspection by nominated groups of NHDA.
- Preparation of Design Concepts for NHDA owned lands (UDA also prepared Design Concepts for their lands)
- Development of Cost Effective Type Plans (NERD, SEC, Buildings Department also developed Cost Effective Type Plans)
- Prepared Implementation process according to Procurement Guidelines.
- Format prepared to call “Expressions of Interest” from Local/Foreign Developers.
- Format developed for “REQUEST FOR RELEASE OF STATE OWNED LANDS”.
- Hand over list of developers invited for the meeting which was scheduled on 18.09.2015.
- Few Developers were participated to Study Group on Middle Income Housing.
- 25 request for the release of identified state lands, signed by the Chairman, NHDA has been handed over to Mr. W.D. Ailapperuma - Senior Advisor to the Ministry of Housing and Construction and to Mr. R. Paskaralingam- Senior Advisor the Ministry of Planning & Economic Affairs on 23.09.2015.
- All bankers were invited for the study group meeting in order to discuss about long term housing loans and an introductory note was delivered by Mr. R Paskaralingam and presentation on financial aspects has been done by the Chairman – UDA. He also requested the bankers to increase the GDP for housing.
- NHDA prepared documents for provincial list of lands owned by NHDA, such as sample of pre – qualification document & Expressions of Interest, etc.
- Director General – UDA presented the possible incentives which can be considered, especially for this program.
- Bankers agreed to give their positive involvement for said task and Mr. Paskaralingam informed bankers to submit any relaxations process required, when obtaining the approvals from the Central Bank.
- Following members were nominated for the documentary procedure by the chairman of the committee;
Director General – Urban Development Authority - (Chairman)
Director (Urban Settlements) – Ministry of Housing & Construction - (Member)
Deputy General Manager (ES & C) – NHDA - (Member & Convener)
Deputy General Manager (Finance) – OVDC - (Member)