Legal Division of National Housing Development Authority was initiated during the first three years of establishing the institution. The Division, then commenced with the headship of Manager (Legal), is at present headed by Deputy General Manager (Legal). Legal Division fulfills its duties covering 24 districts. The objective of Legal Division is to implement the Act of National Housing Development Authority concentrating on the objectives of the institution. The vision of the Legal Division is to confer legal ownership of property of people who are served by National Housing Development Authority and provision of legal advice and engagement in legal activities through courts procedures to secure legal proprietorship of the institution.
Duties and Responsibilities of Legal Division
- Conferment of Transfer Deeds for lands and houses.
- Preparation of Condominium Declarations needed for issuing of Deeds for flats.
- Taking legal actions against persons and institutions when necessary.
- Taking actions for complaints related to the property
- Filing cases for unauthorized occupants of lands, houses and shops of National Housing Development Authority and thereby attainment of undisturbed possession.
- Provision of legal advice needed for all the District Offices and all the Divisions of the Head Office.
- Taking legal actions against those who have defaults of loan installments to the Authority.
- Contribution for due recoveries to the Authority by legal notices.
- In instance of deals between the Authority and external parties, preparation of contract agreements and other agreements.
Achievements of Legal Division
In 2015, Legal Division earned a sum of Rs. 3415027.47 by taking legal actions covering 10 Districts. It contributed to the Authority by earning Rs. 5.160M from notarial fees. Legal Division conferred 3244 Deeds of Lease and 2947 Transfer Deeds. Accordingly, duties fulfilled by Legal Division of National Housing Development Authority are incomparable.