Land & Property Programmes
Land & Property
· This division consisted of following segments
01 Property Management Branch
02 Land Branch
03 Marketing Branch
04 Survey Branch
05 Valuation Branch
06 Land Operation Branch
01 Property Management Branch
* Coordination and implementation of all activities with regard to obtain the approval of the Hon. Minister on issuing of deeds to the persons who received lands and houses from National Housing Development Authority (NHDA)
are taken to solve the existing
problems and boundary disputes in
connection with the disposed properties.
* Measures are taken to demolish unauthorized structures in housing schemes.
* In order to resolve the related problems of all condominium properties and to formation of Management co-operations, assistance is given to the Engineering Division.
* Making land available to construct housing schemes and other necessary assistance are given to the developers.
* Management activities of all housing schemes of NHDA situated Islandwide are carried out by this branch.
* Actions are taken to solve the problems with regard to the existing properties of National Housing Department.
* Regularization of unauthorized occupants.
* Acquire the possession of the lands for housing objects.
* Mainly lands are acquired in 03 methods
1. Acquisition of government lands
2. Acquisition of Private lands
3. Purchasing of private land or lands of other institutions.
government lands are acquired as an independent grant, the private lands are
acquired as per the act
of acquisition of lands and
compensation also given
lland owner. Later the
lawful ownership of the land is
transferred with a grant certificate
of he Divisional Secretary When purchasing a land the ownership is
transferred with a
the completion of
the housing development
programme, the ownership of the
land which were acquired on the
above system will be transferred to the beneficiary
1. With regard to marketing of the houses the following activities are followed.
2. Details of the houses are propagated by the newspaper advertisements.
3. Calling of applications, selection of house holders, allocation of houses and hand over the houses having agreement.
4. After handing over the houses for living, future management of the houses will be entrusted with the district offices of the NHDA.
5. Provision of necessary information in respect of houses to outsiders who expect information (for both who come directly and over the phone)
6. When it is impossible to form a management co-operation, the relevant duties are also carried out by this branch.
7. Expedite the necessary works to transfer the lands which are not transferred so far.
8. Assisting to obtain the letter of conformity and condominium plan etc.
* Identification of lands for housing schemes.
* Survey of lands for acquisition
of BOP blocking out plan by laying boundary stone as per the
BOP-Blocking out diagrame of the architects.
* Preparation of condominium plan for housing schemes.
(2) (3) (4) and (5) survey activities.
I. Licensed Surveyors of the institution
By calling quotation from the licensed surveyors who
get registered in
the institution annually.
III. Survey, by requesting the Licensed Surveyors of the Survey Department.
* Completed deeds. To land branch for acquisition
* To make available to the relevant District
Officers to use for future construction
works or other proposed projects and for Legal
Branch for the preparation of
* Producing of condominium plan to the
Condominium Management Authority for the
* Payments for the preparation of deeds
which were prepared externally (completed by
II and II in 05)
* When a request is made to prepare deeds
from external institutions, deeds are
prepared with the approval of top management.
* Survey is carried out with regard to find
solutions to the boundary disputes of the
* Provision of title deeds and extract to the
house holders of the scheme on a fixed
* Valuation with regard to the lad and properties of the NHDA are done by this branch.
1. Out right ownership valuations of the houses and properties.
2. Lease valuation of the houses and properties
3. Assessment of rental valuation and forwarding to the pricing committee.
* Submission of evaluation reports with regard to the lands which to be developed.
* Carrying out of field works in connection with the above subjects, engaging in duties of institutions and market survey.
* Compensation for the properties of National Housing Department acquired by the act ofceiling on housing property and carrying out of the duties of the provincial administration.
06. Land operation Branch
The vacant land of NHDA situated Islandwide are identified by the land operation branch attached to the Property Development Division. These lands are developed through the District Offices to the condition suitable for marketing and action are taken to market this vacant land as per the nature of the
lands. In addition identifying the small vacant lands situated at housing schemes which enable to use for housing construction are sold to the adjoining house holders.